Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Ebay Vs. Ag Online

  1. #21
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sonja - that is a great deal. I guess, there still are good deals for some lucky people or those with more patience in searching. I usually find out about them here - after the auction is complete.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2006
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's true - I'm weeding through the listings for hours to find the perfect deal... [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I have the obsession to find every item at the lowest possible price.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm with you. My goal is not to buy on ebay. The shipping prices have gone crazy also.

    The lesson is to buy two of every outfit AG puts out. As soon as the outfit is retired put the second outfit on ebay for twice the price. You then pay for the outfit you kept.


    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sail-Away:
    Ahhhh ladies ladies ladies.....you have to watch and have quick fingers!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">E-Bay is where I go if I want something retired - I know going there it won't be a bargain, but I willbe able to find what I want</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is exactly what I use eBay for, my friends! I got a 1994 Felicity Riding Habit for $29 the other day!

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Momto3girls:
    Part of the reason why Ebay prices are so high is that American Girl does not ship internationally. Anyone overseas who wants AG stuff can only get it on Ebay. That drives the prices up.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunately, this is what many people outside of the US think, but AG does ship overseas.

    From http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...o?catid=387016 :

    "If you would like to place an order to be shipped outside the U.S. or Canada, please call our customer service department at 1-608-831-5210, 7 a.m.-10 p.m., Central Time, or fax at 1-608-828-4790."

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 27, 2006 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2006
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WHAT???!!! Sorry for screaming, but I contacted them last year and they replied, that they don't ship here. So off Sonja goes to Ebay, desperated to find the doll of her dreams... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's certain countries they don't ship to. Maybe we could set up a network or something, to have people who are in shippable countries buy AG stuff and ship to other people for a little bit more (like to cover tax and reboxing).

  8. #28
    Inactive Member marisoldancegirl662's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    I just want a doll who can travel... I suppose I could get a cheap doll from walmart or something and have travel...but...I dunno.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could have Susie Mae travel, It's seems like a good idea.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that some people just don't bother to go look at the AG place items for price. They assume it's more than e-bay.

    I look for retired items, and for handmade items that are as good as. I just want the look sometimes, so if it's not official AG it doesn't bother me too much. There are some fantastic sewers out there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •